The Watch Site banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I decided to go watch hunting today and picked up a 7c43-7010 JDM. I wanted one for years and that feeling of my heart pounding in my chest when I spotted it... Ah.

She was DEAD but a through case clean/ultrasonic bath and a new battery and shes ticking away.

The good: all original unmolested KILLER patina. Solid crown. Solid case.

The bad: date change isn't working when I pull out the crown. I haven't watched it change over at 12am yet. Though when I advance the date it changes with a little uneasiness.

Solutions? I picked this up for a few bucks so I'm not in the hole for much. I'd like to replace the keyless works and the plastic date change crappola part when I get around to servicing it.

Any advice would be welcome. I have pics if you want to pm me.

Thanks

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter #2 (Edited)
photos

Spent hours going through this:

and found:

(Took it to my friends shop, he's got a sweet 1960's Explorer 1 on)
Beside the one I wore:

And all cleaned up:

·
Registered
2,033 Posts
Nice find :cool:. That's one hell of a pile of watches, wish I had the opportunity to find a similar pile to sort through :eek:hmy:

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yup, I got a bunch today!
Dead James Bond Quartz watch
Seiko SKX
Half a dozen parts watches (Seiko, Omega, Roamer, Citizen)

And raw fingers from going through the heaps of watches.

Hopefully I can deal directly with the buyers next time and not the dregs they left.

·
Registered
6,715 Posts
wow..great find and great looking watch too...

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks! I wanted one of these for a while now. I love the crystal retaining ring and the super clean JDM dial.

I will likely polish the crystal myself. If a service and a few new parts aren't in the cards I'll like mod it with a 7c46 that I have laying around if a friend wants it or sell it as is for parts.

Any leads for that darn date changing wheel are much appreciated.

·
Registered
2,033 Posts
Yup, I got a bunch today!
Dead James Bond Quartz watch
Seiko SKX
Half a dozen parts watches (Seiko, Omega, Roamer, Citizen)

And raw fingers from going through the heaps of watches.

Hopefully I can deal directly with the buyers next time and not the dregs they left.
If any of the 'Citizen parts watches' you find, turn out to have 7300 or 7310 quartz movements bear in mind my WTB post on the forum ;)

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
If any of the 'Citizen parts watches' you find, turn out to have 7300 or 7310 quartz movements bear in mind my WTB post on the forum ;)

I wasn't specifically looking for anything in particular. Though something occurred to me the other day that it would be great to team up with the community and start a 'movements/parts to watch out for' list.

I am a reseller of sorts as a hobby but I'd be down for having a list of stuff to look for when I am out watch hunting. It's hit or miss like you would expect. But, I would like to help with a pay it forward deal with stuff I find if it can bring back someones heirloom watch. If more joined in that would be even better.

·
Registered
6,715 Posts
well mine says hi...there is no better feeling that finding hidden gems in a lot of stuff and hey if you want to sell that strap that came with it...let me know...mine is missing..God Bless John

Attachments

·
Special Member
1,369 Posts
Both nice examples of the 7C43. I was also able to find one that was missing a band and had a few battle scars. Nothing that can't be taken care of with a little shoe leather and elbow grease. I would also like to find an original band if anyone has a spare.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts