The Watch Site banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,713 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi.

Could anyone assist with some queries i have regarding 7C43-7 series case queries.

I do have a few of these - most have the spring clip to facilitate uni-directional movement of the bezel. However i also have one that has a click ball. Does anyone know if this is a correct case - and also if so, then surely the bezel can rotate both ways.

On the crystal retainer, i would have thought there would be an undercut into which the bezel 'o' ring sits. However the outer diameter appears to be solely cylindrical - no undercut. So is the bezel just held on this cylindrical section?

When i replaced the bezel, the downward force pushed the bezel insert up. The crystal retaining ring sits higher that the bottom of the insert. The bezel looks to be the correct one. Does anyone know if there is meant to be one of those shimming rings underneath the insert?

Thanks for any input

Barry

·
Registered
6,715 Posts
Well i had one...it just had the click ball..and no shims...the bezel just snapped on and was tight and seemed to work well....mine moved either way too..any pics of yours?...God Bless John

·
Administrator
32,595 Posts
I believe there are two types of 7C43s Barry.

One has the standard click ball set up and the other has the spring like the SKXs.

6309 etc bezels will fit the click ball style cases no problem which rotate both ways, bezels for the type with the spring are almost impossible to find in my experience.

Obviously both types have the screw down crystal retaining rings.

·
Registered
6,715 Posts
well i have had two of them....and both had the click ball...i have heard about the springs but have never seen them...those are some beautiful watches for sure

·
Special Member
4,551 Posts
the 7c43-7010 uses click balls and the bezels are interchangeable with the 6309s/7548s. The 7c43-700x are uni-directional with click spring.

·
Craftsman
518 Posts
Here's a side shot of my 7C43-700A. You can clearly see the deeper cut outs on the underside of the bezel. This one has the springs.

·
Registered
473 Posts
I've found that the bezel on a 7C43-7***, is completely different than any other Seiko diver. Unsure if this is due to this series having the screw down crystal retainer, not measured the dimensions of a pressure to fit retainer and screw down type. Will do this tomorrow.
There is a ridge round the screw down retainer and a ridge round the bezel, which gives that "snap" sound when refitting, (I've found, depending how loud the snap is depends on how many times the bezel has been removed, due to wear to these ridges).
Any other bezel fits loose I find, on only fitting a bezel gasket do you get any type of resistance and security (I've used AM and OEM 7548/6309 bezels on my two 7C43-7010 JDM, ball and spring type case, the model which your describing, Barry).
Mine all have the shim underneath the bezel, but I'll double check that tomorrow as well, the Korean one had an AM insert and I replaced it with an OEM, and may of had the shim lost/removed.
Hope this helps, and I'll try and come up with anything else tomorrow once I've measured up.
Kind regards, David

·
Registered
473 Posts
Sorry for the late reply. Spent half a day measuring the different bezels, and I can't find a difference in any of the sizes, so all the above is wrong. Yet I stand by the fact I can't get a 6309 bezel to click on any of my 7C43s, spring or ball type. What am I doing wrong?!? It's left my annoyed.
Saying that, I bought a 7C43-7000 and it had a ball type type bezel fitted, (square type cuts not jagged), and I've fitted to the TST case, John gifted me (thank you again).
Kind regards, David

·
Registered
1,713 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks guys. So it appears there are 2 types of case and 2 types of bezel.

Has anyone had any luck sourcing/making a shim for the insert - guess i need one to stop the crystal retainer pushing teh insert out?

Thanks

1 - 10 of 10 Posts