The Watch Site banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,143 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was following this 7C43-700B with great interest as they do not come up that often.

It was sold as not working but had a fairly nice case and patinated dial showing a little hint of the original white colour around the centre.

I'm hoping a forum member picked it up!

Overall I thought it was a strong result and raises the question of what a better example would fetch?

Watch Brown Analog watch Clock Watch accessory
Watch Camera accessory Analog watch Watch accessory Jewellery
Watch Analog watch Clock Rectangle Automotive lighting

·
Special Member
8,030 Posts
Thanks for the update I missed that one entirely. I think someone greatly overpaid given the nature of the dial color change. There's "good patina" and there's "deterioration" and myself I see this as farther towards the deterioration side than the patina side.

To me, this is "patina" :
Watch Analog watch Clock Watch accessory Font

·
Registered
2,056 Posts
Dial, hands, and bezel insert are toast. IMO that's a lot of money for a quartz movement (not working) and a case.

Which is considered More Rare. The White 7C43 or Teal 7548?
Agreed - I like 7C43’s but that dial looks too far damaged with moisture and not worth the effort and expense IMO.

They’re both extremely rare, but personally I’d rather own the Teal 7548.

·
Registered
500 Posts
Sure, it’s more money than what you get objectively. But for a completist collector or someone replacing a lost or dead watch they loved, you don’t get many chances to buy one.

·
Registered
823 Posts
Thanks for the update I missed that one entirely. I think someone greatly overpaid given the nature of the dial color change. There's "good patina" and there's "deterioration" and myself I see this as farther towards the deterioration side than the patina side.

To me, this is "patina" :
View attachment 481236
"There's "good patina" and there's "deterioration" and myself I see this as farther towards the deterioration side than the patina side."

That's a good quote, Jon. I'm going to copy your quote somewhere along the road. :D

Jan Raymund @ instagram.com/janwatch3s

·
Registered
823 Posts
I almost had to be reminded that the 7C43-700B has a white dial.

Unless he's buying it for parts, I wouldn't bid on that. But then again, different strokes for different folks.

Jan Raymund @ instagram.com/janwatch3s

·
Special Member
9,929 Posts
I somehow seem to recall a (new) member recently querying the possibility of having that watch restored. Probably decided against it

·
Registered
1,143 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 · (Edited)
I somehow seem to recall a (new) member recently querying the possibility of having that watch restored. Probably decided against it
Is this the watch you are thinking of from Australia from this thread?

Watch Analog watch Clock Watch accessory Font

Seems like a few if these pop up down under.

@mario_d picked up a couple from Australia in this post.

Watch Analog watch Photograph White Blue

Attachments

·
Special Member
9,929 Posts
Is this the watch you are thinking of from Australia from this thread?

View attachment 481267

Seems like a few if these pop in down under.

@mario_d picked up a couple from Australia in this post.

View attachment 481268
That's the one and it's not the same. My apologies

1 - 13 of 13 Posts