The Watch Site banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
193 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Folks, I have a 7C43-7009 case, bezel, case back etc - in fact everything bar the movement. The watch was a Seiko sample case. I am thinking of doing a TST mod to it, but need to know what movement would fit into the case. Would a 7C46 movement fit? I understand the 6309 / 7548 cal movements fit, but do any others fit?

I read a thread where a Pulsar movement was also fitted but it needed another case back.

Alternately, any 7C43 movements gathering dust out there?

·
Registered
4,925 Posts
7c43 movements are like rocking horse #hit, unfortunately.
Looking up the tech pdf for movement dimensions is always a good first step in the hunt, but I'm sure others will chime in with their experience.
Good luck.

·
Registered
193 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hello
I have a perfect complete movement but need a case?
Would you sell yours?
Thanks
James
Hi! not going to sell the case sorry, I would prefer to use this particular model for the tst mod. Worse a case is I will swap the internals from 1 case to another! Would be happy to purchase your movement!

·
Registered
1,078 Posts
All things 7c43 are rare now.
Personally I wouldn't TST it, not when 6309-72xx are so abundant or even 7548-7xxx if you wanted quartz.
People would frown on that mod too but less scarce than 7c's
Plus when done, especially if modded you'd hardly tell the difference and probably no difference in value later on either.

·
Registered
193 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
All things 7c43 are rare now.
Personally I wouldn't TST it, not when 6309-72xx are so abundant or even 7548-7xxx if you wanted quartz.
People would frown on that mod too but less scarce than 7c's
Plus when done, especially if modded you'd hardly tell the difference and probably no difference in value later on either.
The doner watch was a sample case and the case back is stamped SAMPLE. I have swapped the almost NOS case itself for another one of my 7C43 watch cases that was pretty banged up. Hence me being comfortable in using the case remaining for the TST mod and the sterilising of the case back will remove the sample stamp.

·
Registered
379 Posts
Putting aside the debate of whether it is right to TST - that's your call sir... I believe you will not be able to simply drop in another movement without modification to stem/crown assembly at least - so say a 7548 quartz or 6309 auto. Finding a decent 7C43 movement for sale is unlikely unless you have deep pockets and big ambitions :) as if you have one you are likely looking for the other half of the coin... The perfect case!

Good luck with your project though... and why not show us the case to stimulate the discussion further ;-)

·
Registered
1,078 Posts
I don't intend a debate, just pointing out in case the OP is not aware and I'm sure they are more than familair with what's rare and what's not.
What anyone does to their watch is totaly their choice.
I TST's a 7548 diver after all but only on the basis that the case was badly damaged on the (now hidden) sides.
I also saved the 7458 movement a swapped a more available 7546 into it.

I have a Pulsar Y513 running happily in my 7c43 case using 6309 stem and case back.

·
Registered
379 Posts
We all do though... no dig at you... you are right to make the OP aware... I agree and I have taken a similar route with TST, using a seriously beyond restoration case and using the good internals in a restoration project. Apologies if I came across sniffy:)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts