The Watch Site banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Picked up a nice 1965 date 7619-7010 25j Sportmatic Deluxe at a yard sale over the weekend for a great price. External it is in very good condition however when I looked at it, did not have anything to open the back with me, I noticed it made a clunk when rotating it front to back. I figured, oh well, the price is worth the risk, figured that the counterweight may have broke loose. Got it home an opened the back and everything was very clean but noticed a small screw wedged between the rotor and the case. Removed the screw wound it a few times and presto she works, keeps good time, day and date work correctly.

Going to take it to my watch guy for an overhaul since I was looking to make it a daily wearer. My question for the forum is how big of a problem do I have with front to back clunking and where might the screw have come from?

Thank you.

·
Registered
5,021 Posts
There are a few places the screw could have come from - the movement, the last person who played with the movement, a parallel universe, alien intervention, matter transmogrification and divine intervention.
The clunking is likely from the winding weight being loose or the bearing worn.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank you. Don't know much about the Sportmatics, worth fixing? Plan to take it to my watch guy for a look see today, hopefully.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Took it to my watch guy and he does not believe the prognosis is terminal although he is not sure where the screw came from.Decided to overhaul it and hope for the best. He was concerned about finding a crystal for it though, anyone know what crystal a 7619-7010 takes and where to find one?

Thank you

1 - 4 of 4 Posts