The Watch Site banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
172 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
for all the people that have had both what is your opinion on the two. I'm getting close, I need to sell of somemore of my watches and some other stuff, so i'm looking for expert opinions. thank you, of all the people I value the people's opinions here most... ;)

·
Registered
1,127 Posts
Personally I would hang out for the original, the black Bezel looks better to me :)
Harder to find so more fun hunting.

·
Registered
227 Posts
I like the 7549 more but only due to the "vintage feeling" which goes with the older Tuna's. :-*

Problem with the 7549's is that this movement is only used in the Tuna's and parts are getting real scarce, not that they break down, they run forever.

From the 7C46 powered watches most parts are still available.

In terms of comfort I prefer the 7549-7010 as this has the lowest hight of the Tuna's followed by the SBBN007. In my vision "The small Tuna's"

The "big Tuna's" (7549-700x, 7C46-700x. 7C46-A00A etc) are a bit to high but that doesn't stop me from wearing them.

·
Registered
476 Posts
Re: 7549 and 7C46 Tunas

Do they use the same kind of battery? Any DIY'er can chime in on this?

I'm thinking of getting reacquainted with an older Tuna if the battery is easy to source.

·
Registered
1,119 Posts

·
Registered
1,119 Posts

·
Registered
223 Posts
I also have both and prefer the 7549. For me the points in the 7549's favor include the black bezel, the traditionally-splined crown, and the SQ dial. Also, I prefer vintage over new although any tuna is a great tuna.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts