The Watch Site banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 6309 7548 hybrid diver .The hour hand "gains" time while the minute hand shows the correct no. of minutes past the hour. As I look at the dial now ,the hour hand is dead on 1 but the minute hand is correct at 33 having been set properly 12 hours ago .I tried re-setting both hands together at 12 but the hour hand still gains .What can cause this ?
I'm familiar with situations where one of the hands loses time owing to being stuck but not this .

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Could the hour be loose so not moving ?
It moves but gains time .In my post maybe I didn't make it very clear that the hands showed the hour hand at 1 but the minute hand was at 33 .The correct time should have shown 12.33 .In 12 hours the hour hand had "gained " half an hour ,while the minute hand was correct .Very strange .

·
Registered
1,578 Posts
Does the same problem occur when you manually advance or retard the time? in other words when you change the time using the crown, does the hour hand move too fast with respect to the minute hand? does it gain time at a constant rate?

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks to everyone who replied .I'll take a closer look at the drag suggestion .

·
Special Member
2,772 Posts
Is it possible that the "C" clip that holds the day wheel to the hour wheel is missing or incorrectly seated causing slop in the hour wheel with some unpredictable results? Or maybe the minute wheel bridge screw is loose causing a gear engagement issue?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts