The Watch Site banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
865 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi all, I was just following the post on 6105 prices and somehow it ended up with a spread sheet on 7548 variants. As it it happen I had my 2 out for a clean and battery change and revisited the details and compared against the spread sheet. Also I just found out about the punch dot above the year stamp which I never knew about before. I always thought the first year on the watch was 2 to 3 years after the watch was made and that normally ties in with the serial number.
So I have "Pepsi 700F" which according to the spreadsheet was only issued in a tight time frame of Aug/Sept 84 ,yet my numbers indicated a date well before this. I believe mine to legit, Pepsi dark blue dial , correct dial numbers and case back. Crystal bezel and hands are aftermarket. Tiger did the refurb work back in2010

My black 7000 has dot above the first year 87 and the serial number 45

Hopefully someone can help me out with above puzzle.
Thanks as always Tony. PS Have photos of the 7000 if it helps.

Attachments

·
Registered
389 Posts
Hi Tony,

I think the "August/September 84" in that table is referring to the 7548-701A reference

·
Registered
865 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ok That kinda makes sense. It just a comment regarding the watch above instead of the one below. So I reckon mine is a July 78 issue which is 3 yrs before the 1st year stamp 81.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts