The Watch Site banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I have a 7548-700F that I'm borderline obsessed with. It cleared out the stable of SKXs and its my go to watch for pretty much everything.

Lately I've noticed some white spots developing on the lume out of nowhere. What's my best course of action? Relume or replace? Will a relume end up producing the same rot and results?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Did you get it serviced and replaced the gaskets on this one? Fresh Battery?

Could be that the dial tracts to some intrusion

Fresh battery and all new gaskets. Is it possible it could have been exposed for too long whilst out of the case?

The hands were already shot, rusted and no like apparent.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Special Member
1,348 Posts
Possible gassing off of silicone sealers used by some watch repair experts before tightening case back?

In any case, if the lume has been fine for years; just old, then the lume itself would not have caused the spotting to develop.

Possibly gassing off of sealer, leaky power cell, or exposure to high alkalinity.

Did you swim in a chlorinated swimming pool with the watch on prior to the case re-seal?

Was the watch actually pressure tested for leaks after the gasket and o-ring replacement?

Mike

·
Registered
1,953 Posts
I'd be more worried about the corrosion on the hour and minute hands. Incidentally I'm intrigued by the colour of the second hand, it is identical to the one on my very abused 7548-700F. Is this 'muddy brown' the original colour for the second hand on these blue faced watches or what colour did it start out as?

(If you think this looks rough, check out the 'before' picture below.) :eek:hmy:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts