The Watch Site banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Special Member
7,481 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have this lovely 7015-7000 Seiko 5 Sports/Speed Timer. It came on what appears to be the 100% original bracelet (like an H-Link but with flat solid metal end links about 1/2 long) and a "Seiko 5 Sports" buckle.

Picked up this nice Speed Timer buckle and I'm thinking about swapping them out.

How about it - what would you guys do ?

Attachments

·
Craftsman
3,921 Posts
I prefer to keep things original but it's all about what we like as individuals. If you'd prefer the speedtimer clasp I'd go for it.

Mine says hi...........

·
Registered
6,731 Posts
keep it original for sure...those are gorgeous watches

·
Special Member
7,481 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 · (Edited)
I prefer to keep things original but it's all about what we like as individuals. If you'd prefer the speedtimer clasp I'd go for it.

Mine says hi...........
Tom I see yours has quite different baton hour markers. Yours are thinner and all-lume. Mine has outer part lumed / mostly polished SS in a classic faceted form factor.

Wonder if they are both original?

Attachments

·
Craftsman
3,921 Posts
Tom I see yours has quite different baton hour markers. Yours are thinner and all-lume. Mine has outer part lumed / mostly polished SS in a classic faceted form factor.

Wonder if they are both original?
Interesting question Jon. I just checked and mine is a 7015-7000 from Oct. of 72'. The dial code is 7015-70005 so I believe it is original. It could be they changed the markers at some point. What is your dial code and date?

·
Special Member
7,481 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
HI SP2, mine is the same 7015-7000, Nov. '73. Dial Code 7015-7020S.

I guess that explains the baton different style.

(PS - Don't tell anyone, just for the heck of it I popped on the SpeedTimer buckle but it's just a short term thing - I prefer it as a 'look' but not for keepers).

1 - 11 of 11 Posts