The Watch Site banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
371 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All,
I was looking for some opinions on a watch I had got many decades back. It was a non runner bought only because it was cheep, maybe $10, and it looked so different and cool. As I learnt more I knew it was a rare watch from a uncommon seiko caliber.
Now I am seriously considering restoring it.
Watch shows patina however it is original. Movement is missing the reset hammer but is otherwise ok.

What do you all think I should do ?

All comments welcome.

Pictures >>>>

Regards
JaRe

·
Registered
149 Posts
FWIW, these are small, and look it on the wrist. (If anyone is looking, I've got a blue one I've been meaning to post ... out of town for a week or so but can deal w it when I get back.)

·
Special Member
9,200 Posts
It's a flyback Chrono so good for timing things under 1 minute is fun.

Plus if that inner ring rotates then set it to the minute hand for up to 60 minutes.

These are difficult to rebuild from what I have read in the past and parts might be hard to come by.

But we love these so do it !

·
Registered
371 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for the heads up. The plan is to restore it. Was wondering about the patina. Is that acceptable these days. I used to look for better examples to restore but original watches are getting hard to find in my part of the woods.
Regards
JaRe

·
Registered
250 Posts
This is probably going to be an unpopular opinion, but….

I do not think you should restore it. The watch simply will not be worth the investment of time or money. These are not popular or valuable watches. Parts are expensive, and good examples can be found readily and at low cost, and I think that you will be able to easily find a better candidate in working order for half what it would cost you to restore this one.

I had one of these, and also one of the sister models with the blue dial, and as others have stated upthread they look and wear very small. The blue one was pretty much immaculate, and cost me about £55 from memory (=$65) on Yahoo Japan. I am a huge fan of the Daini chronos, especially the 7017’s, but this model of the 7015 series proved a disappointment to me and I quickly sold them on.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts