The Watch Site banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

Greetings out there...does anyone know if the 7002 movement was used in other watches the way that the 6309 movement was used for multiple dress watches....??? and if anyone out there has one they would like to offer I would be the first to make a bid...!!! I messed up a 7002 diver that refuses to run even after getting wet and drying out completely...disassembly shows no rust or strange particles in the movement...I am NOT a watch repair person but know enough to know there is something obvious I cannot find wrong...
The one I made ( on the left in image) many years ago that resembles the "DOXA" style took a very quick dip in my pool and after many years on dry land I wrongly assumed the gaskets were better than they obviously were after a short dunk ......H E L P ! ! !
Cheers
Rich

·
Registered
1,113 Posts
There is a 7002-8059 which is a "sports 50" model with crown @3 and the 7002-7010 is a Seiko 5 with crown @4. There may be others, but they weren't as widely used as the 6309.

·
Super Moderator
2,059 Posts
As said above, 7002 dress watches are few and far between.
However, if the movement is completely kaput, you can use most of the 70xx range.
The 7009 is almost identical to the 7002, but you have to swap over the date wheel.
Also most of the parts from a 7009 will interchange with the 7002.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts