The Watch Site banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Special Member
6,477 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was wondering what I can do to add a Seiko-branded crown to my 7002-7000 1st Generation 150m diver. As you know the original crown is just plain, no markings on it. I'd prefer the "S" or "SEIKO" on the crown if there is a way to retrofit.

As an alternate I see Dagaz has a very unusual "Gear Crown." Anyone ever fit one of those?

Attachments

·
Registered
5,021 Posts
I'm sure someone posted in the past week with one of those starfish crowns - I'll be #uggered if I can find it though. I think it was a TST?

·
Registered
1,113 Posts
Possibly a SARB059 crown? I'm not sure if it's a one-piece crown/stem combo like many report on the SKX. Then again, I was able to unscrew the stem from the crown on my SKX171 when I swapped in an NH36. Since you're moving away from original anyway, maybe use a no date dial and a new movement? That seems like a lot of extra for a crown swap though.

·
Registered
5,021 Posts
Possibly a SARB059 crown? I'm not sure if it's a one-piece crown/stem combo like many report on the SKX. Then again, I was able to unscrew the stem from the crown on my SKX171 when I swapped in an NH36. Since you're moving away from original anyway, maybe use a no date dial and a new movement? That seems like a lot of extra for a crown swap though.
SARB059/63 is definitely one piece though, so no use unless you want to cut the stem and use a coupling collar (threaded or not).
It would be really interesting if someone could check the old parts books to see if the earlier SKX/7002 two piece crown stem did have separate part numbers - before being rationalised to a one piece crown.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts