The Watch Site banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Banned
5,181 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all,

I picked up a 7002 in a trade to mod - anyone have a source for good dials? The few listed online or on eBay that I can find are really underwhelming. I'm looking for something simple and striking, with no date window.

Thanks!

·
Premium Member
6,179 Posts
Noah Fuller was the only seller I can think of who had pretty decent after market 7002 dials that were not ne essarily patterned after the original 7002 dials. Dont know if he has any left though.

·
Banned
5,181 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I have some nice new dials, but they're slightly off in terms of their feet - I'm considering the possibility of shaving off the old feet and making new ones out of some silver wire I have and some kind of epoxy.

Noah hasn't been around - as I'm sure you know he's ill, not doing so well. :(

·
Premium Member
6,179 Posts
Spencer said:
Noah hasn't been around - as I'm sure you know he's ill, not doing so well. :(
He is around and was on the forum yesterday, but he is back in canada. His partner, JakeB, who is also here continues to run the business from Hong Kong, so you can still contact either of them and you can still place orders.

As for the feet. you are probably better off using double stick dots, rather than trying to build new feet.

·
Banned
5,181 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Double stick dots? Like, small round dots with adhesive on both sides, to essentially affix the feetless dial directly to the movement?

Didn't even know such a thing existed, if I understood you correctly...

but a good idea! I was looking at my supplies last night and while I have perfect silver wire for feet, making and affixing feet would be a PITA

·
Premium Member
6,179 Posts
Spencer said:
Double stick dots? Like, small round dots with adhesive on both sides, to essentially affix the feetless dial directly to the movement?

Didn't even know such a thing existed, if I understood you correctly...

but a good idea! I was looking at my supplies last night and while I have perfect silver wire for feet, making and affixing feet would be a PITA
Yep that is exactly what I'm describing. Several of the guys here use them and can point you to a source. I seem to recall yobokies selling them at one point, but don't know if he still does.

·
Banned
5,181 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Isthmus said:
Yep that is exactly what I'm describing. Several of the guys here use them and can point you to a source. I seem to recall yobokies selling them at one point, but don't know if he still does.

I wonder if I can fabricate something that would work out of 3M foam poster squares - about 1mm thick with adhesive on both sides. >:D

·
Administrator
30,124 Posts
If you go the replace dial feet way you can buy dial feet in different sizes and a spot of super glue does the job fine.

The correct sticky dial feet are only a few thou thick, nothing like 1mm.

·
Registered
185 Posts
You used to be able to buy feet with a larger head or plate on top in pocket watch catalogs,
have not seen them in a while.

Im' not a big fan of tape- and have bought feet - there is a bergeon part somewhere and used 2part epoxy to get it to the dial.

·
Banned
5,181 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I have many faults - one of them is a lack of patience. So I went for it. In any case, I had the supplies for my 3M "solution" and it did work, actually. I used very small pieces, which, combined with the easy compressibility of the foam material, made the dial mod easy. There was even an added benefit, as this 7002 had a very slightly loose movement, but now it's snug. The stuff is removable, and I'm not sold on this dial by any means. I'll keep looking for a great face / hands combo - now that you guys have educated me, I know I'm not limited to faces that have the right feet alignment!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts