The Watch Site banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I never thought I would ask this but here it goes… Ive always loved the look of NATO straps and the ease of swapping. I never cared to put the watch on a metal bracelet. BUT after seeing so many photos on here of how awesome a nice vintage diver looks on a well worn bracelet, I think it’s time…
I have a 7002-7009 with a decent amount of wear and patina. I don’t want a shiny looking
Brand new bracelet for it. I want an oyster that adds to that well worn, well loved, tough, heirloom look that Seikos exhibit…Any thoughts or suggestions???
Here’s a few shots under different angles and lighting conditions to showcase it’s worn look
Watch Hand Analog watch Clock Watch accessory

Watch Brown Analog watch Clock Watch accessory

Watch Analog watch Clock Watch accessory Font

·
Special Member
1,750 Posts
Nice watch! I would add that it takes very little time for the bracelet to "catch up" as far as marks and wear, one year of daily wear and it will blend right in :) If you want an oyster link I think Jon's recommendation of a 5KX oyster is the perfect fit, I also think it would look good on an SKX jubilee, I have always liked the jingle jangle feel of the bracelet, I put a brand new one on this recently acquired 7548-7000, it still looks a bit too new but that will pass :)
Watch Cloud Water Sky Azure

·
Special Member
9,496 Posts
Yes! That is exactly what I’m after. Where do you find those?
Just call SEIKO USA Parts Department and order it. Anyone can order a bracelet, unlike most parts that you have to be set up as a parts dealer to order.

You want the whole bracelet it comes with end links, M0KWX13J9. Don't pay the bandits on ebay $85-$100 these cost probably $55-ish all-in ordered direct.
Font Rectangle Parallel Number Screenshot

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Just call SEIKO USA Parts Department and order it. Anyone can order a bracelet, unlike most parts that you have to be set up as a parts dealer to order.

You want the whole bracelet it comes with end links, M0KWX13J9. Don't pay the bandits on ebay $85-$100 these cost probably $55-ish all-in ordered direct.
View attachment 502469
Seiko wants $90 all-in for that bracelet (80+10ship)…
Looking on the used market

·
Special Member
9,496 Posts
Seiko wants $90 all-in for that bracelet (80+10ship)…
Looking on the used market
OK so then they have changed their policy and no longer give consumers the same price as dealers. That's a departure from past ways. Sorry to hear but good to know.

I will say they have gone bonkers over there. They charge $90 for a LINK for a New Willard bracelet.
Straps for SLAs are now over $200 - these are RUBBER ! Used to be $100-ish and that was robbery.

Thanks for the update did not know they changed their pricing policy to the general public.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts