The Watch Site banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello All,

My name is Ryan and I'm a California native whose taken an interest in watchmaking. I've serviced a few Swiss watches and have recently taken on two Seiko 7002 Divers as a repair project. Unfortunately on one the plastic dial spacer (or stand-off) had broken into multiple pieces and was not salvageable. These seem to be about as rare as hen's teeth but I may just be looking in the wrong places for them.

Does anyone have a possible source for the replacement part? I did a search of the forum before posting but the conversation I found was taken offline and I didn't want to butt in.

Any assistance is appreciated. Thanks!

·
Registered
1,902 Posts
Hi and welocome,

Holding Ring For Dial, Seiko 884.283

These are available from cousins in UK and probably borels in US

These are found in the more common 7009 movement also.

Good luck.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi and welocome,

Holding Ring For Dial, Seiko 884.283

These are available from cousins in UK and probably borels in US

These are found in the more common 7009 movement also.

Good luck.
Thanks for the information. I tried Cousins and Jules Borel but was unable to find the parts- perhaps I've been looking in the wrong place.

Luckily one did come up on eBay (NOS) so I jumped at the opportunity and made the purchase.

I have to say, I love working on Seiko watches- they are much less finicky than Swiss watches and the parts are a lot less expensive. Unfortunately the parts sometimes can be a bit difficult to come across unless you're willing to go for a parts movement.

Thanks again for the help! :)

·
Special Member
4,772 Posts
Thanks for the information. I tried Cousins and Jules Borel but was unable to find the parts- perhaps I've been looking in the wrong place.

Luckily one did come up on eBay (NOS) so I jumped at the opportunity and made the purchase.

I have to say, I love working on Seiko watches- they are much less finicky than Swiss watches and the parts are a lot less expensive. Unfortunately the parts sometimes can be a bit difficult to come across unless you're willing to go for a parts movement.

Thanks again for the help! :)
Finicky, huh, what do you mean?

·
Registered
7,614 Posts
These are pretty brittle. You can find a metal version on 7009s I think.. Maybe a few donor movements with the dials present on one of Ramon's listings on eBay would be worth going for. (Thewatchcollector). I think I bought a few from cousins a while ago just to have a few spare.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts