The Watch Site banner

7002 7000 A1 Domed Crystal

5K views 5 replies 4 participants last post by  Hate_CBN 
#1 ·
Hi All,
I'm a long time lurker but first time poster!
Have recently put a domed sapphire crystal into a Black Monster and am very pleased with the result.
I have a 7002 7000 A1 I was thinking of selling but now I would like to put a domed crystal in it.
I've googled and googled but cannot get a definitive yes/no answer to my question.
Mine is the first generation 7002 (32mm 150m crystal)
So would the 6309 7040 domed crystal (eg from Dagaz 10watches) fit?
I'm not going to use it for diving.
Thanks for any replies...
Regards Al

#5 ·
From a post I made some time ago:

"My latest attempt at replacing a crystal on a 7002 went horribly wrong resulting in a badly knackered nylon gasket, which are now rarer than hens teeth. Right, lets try something different.

First attempt. Obtain a 7S26 gasket. This is 0.5mm smaller than the original but if you carefully stretch it should work, fits nice, press the crystal in…… ARRRGH! I broke the crystal.

Second attempt. Obtain a 7S26 crystal (Seiko part no. 315P15HN02) and a Sternkreuz L325 gasket. If my calculations are correct it might work.

Happy to report that it fits like a glove, nice & tight but easier to seat than the normal set up. I can’t confirm if this is watertight as I don’t have the test equipment & my diving days are far behind me now. The end result looks much the same and also opens up the possibility of using 7S26 sapphire crystals, which are easier to obtain than 7002’s."

....and I still wear the watch.

If you're now staying flat, I did this with the 1st gen 7002-700A I recently refreshed.
Works perfectly.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.