The Watch Site banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,064 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
A battered 7002 from Ramons treasure chest. The movement was a franken 7009.
DSCF0055.jpg

In my spares box i had a 7019 21j movement and this seems like the ideal project to use it on.
Movement was stripped cleaned and lubricated, but the train bridge was heavily worn as were the pawl levers.
Stephan to the rescue (yet again) with new bridge and levers. Thank you Stephan. I swapped the 7019 date wheel for a 7002 one. 7019 day wheel and guard have been removed.
DSCF0049.jpg

DSCF0053.jpg

I decided on a Yobokies PMMM dial and hand set, designed for the 7s26/6r movments, dial feet were cut off and the dial is glued to the ring and movement. Everything aligned and put into the 7002 case.
The bezel insert is from Moutapo, a left over from another project.
pmmm 7002.jpg

Next thing to do is sort out that very heavily scratched case back
Simples. Thanks Steve (SKG) For your input, i took the gamble of it fitting and it paid off. ;)
pmmm c.jpg

Big heavy duty bracelet fitted, 316 stainless the links are 4mm thick, you certainly know you've got this beastie on your wrist.
pmmm b.jpg

The crystal is a standard dome type and sits too far below the bezel, i want domed but cant find one to fit a 7002. i have come across one thats flat on the top and domed on the underside and is designed to fit the 7002, however the seller has quite a bit of negative feed back so im dithering at the moment.

Compulsorily wrist shot.
pmmm a.jpg

·
Premium Member
2,064 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Evo stick contact adhesive, applied with a cocktail stick and very sparingly.
Then it was left to cure for 24 hours before fitting into the case

·
Banned
94 Posts
Looks great, thanks for sharing!
I've seen 7002 PMMM with reprinted dials, but probably first time when I see Harold's dial installed :)

·
Registered
514 Posts
I was just debating doing something similar by dropping a 7019 into my wonk7 7002-7020. Nice to see it will work with no issue. Good looking watch friend :) How do you order from yobokies anyways, I could never figure it out.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Case back

I put a clear case back (that I bought on eBay) on an SKX, but it inhibited the rotor from spinning. I ended up having to abort the idea and return the original. It looked great, though.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts