The Watch Site banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,
I have a SARB017 fitted with a 6R15c and it always appears to run significantly slow. Just by eye it seems like it s runs at -40sec/d. I had it regulated 2months ago and managed to get it to running about 10 sec slow over a period of 7 days more or less. However i noticed 2 weeks ago that it started running slow again back to -40sec/day.. I will have it regulated again but i worry there s a more fundamental issue with the movement. Could it be a magnetisation issue i could try and fix at home with a demagnetiser or have people had this issue with this movement before and solved it differently (perhaps even just sending it to seiko and have the movement replaced)? Thank you in advance!

·
Special Member
6,530 Posts
If I had to guess it is the regulating levers are able to move with movement on the wrist after hard stops, etc.

I have 5 or 6 with the 6R15C and find it is an excellent movement, all the internet criticism aside.

Definitely needs to be looked at. I see you are in the UK. We have fine watch repair guys right here who can do that if they have the time. Good luck !

·
Registered
2,306 Posts
I have 5 or 6 with the 6R15C and find it is an excellent movement, all the internet criticism aside.
Depends on your luck but lubrication is sometimes very poorly done which can result in very erratic behaviour by the movement. Regulating the movement alone wont fix any of those issues and the movement should be serviced and properly lubricated. Will run very well after that.

·
Registered
3,950 Posts
It's not a magnification issue - it would be incredibly hard to get one affected by magnetism and it would perform more erratically than that.
Don't send it to Seiko!!
As Koekoek said - there will be a movement issue - a dry jewel etc.
I'd ask a watchmaker near you.

·
Researcher
5,030 Posts
Definitely not magnification related, unless it only exhibits this behaviour under the microscope. 😂

1 - 6 of 6 Posts