·
Registered
303 Posts
Stunning looking watch but just a bit out of my price bracket

Sent from my HUAWEI P7-L10 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
5 Posts
Damn, dat's rather expensive. I can't imagine to put that kind of money in a Casio oO.
Lots of nice Omegas for that price for instance.

·
Registered
1,737 Posts
The G-Steel series goes for around $350ish - so I'm to understand that a hand-hammered bezel and bracelet come at a +$5800 premium? That's Rolex money...

·
Special Member
4,664 Posts
Ludicrous! How the heck does the hammering make it so expensive, and how is that related to horological advance or features. There's no way in hell I'll pay that kind of money on that.

·
Registered
7 Posts
As nice as that G shock looks I don't think I could ever spend that much on one. I'd rather get a Golden Tuna and a Darth Tuna for the price and still possibly have some left over

·
Registered
3,923 Posts
I have a can of Hammerite I could spray on a GA700 and have a total of $104.00 invested in the project. The only thing I would be missing are 9 of the timezones.

·
Registered
2,123 Posts
Read the article, and frankly, I felt, uhmmm, well, hammered, to say the least. I have no issues with Casio issuing a pricey watch, as long as that watch is worth the price, in terms of factors such as complications, inherent value of materials used, new and revolutionary technology, and the like. But i understand from the article that you're paying 5thousand more (if you base it on the current high end Gs which are already north of 1,000 USD) for a hammered bezel. As unique as the technology was that produced it, as laboriously painstaking it was to craft it, would that be worth 5thousand extra? Not to my mind, not in my book. Not even if it were hammered precious metals.

Others will of course have different opinions, and I both respect them and wish them well. But if i had 6thousand USD to spare, I'd get a pre-owned Grand Seiko where both high horology AND unique, culturally-significant craftsmanship justify the price.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Made by a renowned Japanese artist for the Japanese market.

Not meant for westerners or outsiders. So I'm not surprised that a lot of people don't get it.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

1 - 20 of 34 Posts