The Watch Site banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
K

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I posted here a few weeks ago about my Perpetual 100m Seiko. I have 3 of them in different colors. One went dead on me and I called out here on how to reset it. I put a new battery in in but it was 3 weeks after it stopped. Well all you have to do is pull the crown out to the first click and hold the other button in ( the one at the 2 oclock mark) for 2 seconds and she takes off and reset itself!! Yoo Hoo!! Most people here told me I would have to send it in to Seiko!!

·
Registered
386 Posts
kenny said:
I posted here a few weeks ago about my Perpetual 100m Seiko. I have 3 of them in different colors. One went dead on me and I called out here on how to reset it. I put a new battery in in but it was 3 weeks after it stopped. Well all you have to do is pull the crown out to the first click and hold the other button in ( the one at the 2 oclock mark) for 2 seconds and she takes off and reset itself!! Yoo Hoo!! Most people here told me I would have to send it in to Seiko!!
The 8F32 / 8F33 / 8F35 / 8F56 / 8F58 / 4F32 perpetual calendar family is the one which is slightly more difficult to set - but any competent watchmaker (or watch fan) can still do it ...

·
Registered
6 Posts

Don't understand ?
How could a watch reset itself and recalibrate as you mention, how does it know what the month, day and year are to skip leap year months in February or jump from 30 -to- 1 for months less than 31 Days ?

·
Registered
808 Posts
Don't understand ?
How could a watch reset itself and recalibrate as you mention, how does it know what the month, day and year are to skip leap year months in February or jump from 30 -to- 1 for months less than 31 Days ?
Some of these calibres will hold enough charge for three minutes to enable a reset with the saved info. The watch can hold the memory way below the level of charge that is needed to actually move the hands.
If it takes longer than three minutes to change the battery and do the reset then you will have to go through the factory procedure :undecided:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts