The Watch Site banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,390 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)

Yes, it's yet another vintage Seiko unveiling! :eek:

But can you blame me? :wub: This beauty sold to me for US$68, looks wonderful on the wrist with a classic 70's style bracelet that is plenty long enough.

Here is the package from the third of my "trusted" auction sellers.

Click for Big Image

Wait, did I order chicken salad to go? :dizzy:

Click for Big Image

A tight bundle of bubble-wrap was inside the tupperware.

Click for Big Image

Starting to see the watch now...

Click for Big Image

And there is my bargain basement beauty! :happy:

A 1973 Seiko Lord Matic 5606-7320, with green "gradient" dial, gold hands and markers, and a faceted glass crystal.

Click for Big Image

It is automatic, hacks, hand winds and the fragile quick-set works perfectly. The faceted crystal has many small scratches, but on the wrist I don't even notice them!

Click for Big Image

A view of the crown.

Click for Big Image

The common side.

Click for Big Image

The handsome signed clasp.

Click for Big Image

And the mandatory vintage watch case-back picture.

Click for Big Image

Someone on one of the forums was asking about an affordable dress watch. Well, it is green and gold, but you can't beat the $68 price for such a wonderful looking mechanical timepiece, in my opinion!!

Click for Big Image

And check out the bracelet!

I think that is easily worth the price of the whole watch!

Click for Big Image

Well, I don't know why no one was bidding on this, but I'm glad! :rolleyes:

I thought I would be wearing my 1955 Seiko Super for a few days, but it is going to be hard not to wear this watch instead!

Thanks for looking!

- Thomas

·
Registered
6,299 Posts
really like that dial color and love the band and i love faceted crystals too

·
Registered
6,299 Posts
hey how well does it wear?...feels small or just right?..

·
Registered
1,390 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
It feels great!

hey how well does it wear?...feels small or just right?..

I love how it feels on the wrist. It is 36mm across, which is fine for me and my 7.25" wrists, my favorite size is 38mm.

A good part of the feel is the very smooth, flexible bracelet. It is more than long enough, I have it three holes onto the clasp adjustment.

It may look smaller, due to the "shrouded" lugs, which give it a "lugless" look, and may fool you into thinking it is smaller than it really is.

- Thomas

·
Registered
3,923 Posts
There just aren't that many beautiful vintage things you can get in this day and age for that price. It's also nice that you didn't have to compete with anyone else to become it's new owner. I sense you will own it and enjoy it for many years to come. As fate would have it, perhaps you were meant to own this piece. So, enjoy it and wear it with pride.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts