The Watch Site banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
239 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I had just repaired the hand adjustment mechanism on an old 6619 movement and was putting it all back together when a small spring launched itself across the room never to be seen again.
It is a "u" shaped springy bit of wire with one leg of the u longer than the other - you can just see one leg circled in the photograph below.
Of course I have many scrap 6119, 6106 and 7 series but not a 6619.
I have had a quick look at these other movements but they do not appear to have this spring.
Does anyone know if this spring is in any other movements or does anyone have a spare spring or an old 6619 movement they can let me have - I am in the UK so a UK source would be easier?

Thanks

Chris

·
Super Moderator
3,146 Posts
You need a day jumper spring, #875400. That part is also used in the following calibers:
400, 4005, 4006, 410, 6206, 6215, 6216, 6218, 6245, 6246, 6606, 8306, and 8346

·
Researcher
5,311 Posts

Attachments

·
Researcher
5,311 Posts
Beat me to it Noah - LOL.

·
Registered
239 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Quick response guys

Thanks for the quick response on this.
Yes, it is the day jumper spring so this gives me a few more movements to look out for (as I do not have any scrappers of these either).
I have looked for the part number on Cousins but surprise, surprise they say it is obsolete.
So if anyone has any of these movements going spare (any condition should be ok to retrieve the spring from) then let me know.
Thanks
Chris

·
Registered
628 Posts
Thanks for the quick response on this.
Yes, it is the day jumper spring so this gives me a few more movements to look out for (as I do not have any scrappers of these either).
I have looked for the part number on Cousins but surprise, surprise they say it is obsolete.
So if anyone has any of these movements going spare (any condition should be ok to retrieve the spring from) then let me know.
Thanks
Chris
Hi Chris
I have a few packets of these assorted springs that may be of help, there is probably one in there to suit but even if not you could easily tweek one a bit to fit,
I can send a packet over FOC if it will help,
all the best
seikola

1 - 6 of 6 Posts