The Watch Site banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Early days so just trying to perfect my posting skills ;D
Here are some pics of my Aug '67 Sportsmatic 21 Jewel Diashock 6619-8110 on a coffin link bracelet. It needs a good clean and the crystal is better than the photo's make out.
This one does get worn fairly regularly.

Finally worked out spacing my pics ;D ;D

and a wrist shot

Ian

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hi Ross,

The bracelet came with the watch. Another ebay purchase ::) I love the simple elegance of the face on this one, though not perfect and with the bracelet as well just couldn't resist.
I've only really heard them mentioned as coming on the Bellmatics. There are a few old Seiko catalogues online from late sixties/early seventies that show the coffin link bracelet/Bellmatic combination.
The only similar ones I have seen for sale were 2 tone and listed as being for Accutrons I think.
Good luck with the hunt.
When does your Sportsmatic date to? And is that another pusher above the crown?
Ian

·
Registered
658 Posts
Thanks for the info Ian ...
It is from 1966, that pusher is to advance the day, just like a Bell I have
That Bell was supposed to come on a coffin bracelet
So I guess I will continue to look

best regards
RossG

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Arco_10 said:
Thanks for the info Ian ...
It is from 1966, that pusher is to advance the day, just like a Bell I have
That Bell was supposed to come on a coffin bracelet
So I guess I will continue to look
best regards
RossG
Hi Ross,
I'm only new to the game so guessing I was only telling you what you already know. :(
Have just looked at the '69 brochure in the Resources section of the forum (Ads & Catalogs) and the bracelet on that Bellmatic looks quite different to mine. The links seem completely symmetrical rather than the 'longer' coffins on my bracelet, also it has rounded endlinks. I'm less sure now where my bracelet originated but I still enjoy it :D
Ian

1 - 8 of 8 Posts