1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4,618 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)

·
Registered
7,587 Posts
Well done Jerry. Looks good. I really like the 66 movements for some reason. Nice finishing and I like the keyless section. Are you stripping the barrel on these? The mainspring no.7 Bergeon winder doesn't like the inner coil and doesn't grip so I've had to install by hand....

·
Registered
4,618 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Well done Jerry. Looks good. I really like the 66 movements for some reason. Nice finishing and I like the keyless section. Are you stripping the barrel on these? The mainspring no.7 Bergeon winder doesn't like the inner coil and doesn't grip so I've had to install by hand....
Thanks fellas. I really like the 66 movements too. I think they're very much under rated, reliable work horses. I just sweat when I do the 'FU' springs on some models. There's a couple somewhere in my office. God only knows where they flew off to, so I do them inside a plastic bag now. Yes, I strip the barrels and polish the inside top and bottom. I wind all of mine by hand as I have yet to buy any winders, it only takes a minute. I waited over 2 days for this to wind down after giving it a good wind to test it.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts