The Watch Site banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know its a long shot, but what are the chances that there would be stem tube dimensions available?
ID, OD, Length and thread pitch?

I have a stripped thread and have seen that its near impossible to remove the stem tube from the case, but would still like to explore this option.
I know a machinist who works with small items, and might be willing to re-produce the stem tube.
I have seen the auction offering repair, but pricing and reviews seen to be against this vendor, so I wanted to see if I could get the information for a local machinist

thanks for any help

·
Registered
6,720 Posts
Well that sounds like a great idea...i am told they are pressed in and so far no one has been successful to remove one without damage...i have also been told that they should not be too terrible to reinstall with the right setup...please keep us updated with your progress...i am sure someone will chime in with the dimension you need...God Bless John

·
Registered
9 Posts
Sorry can't post the link as my post count isn't high enough. try searching for this - Seiko 6309 - 7040 Case Restoration (missing stem/crown tube)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts