The Watch Site banner

21 - 25 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
252 Posts
yes, very interesting...i'm curious, i keep my watches in velvet lined wooden trays that i've constructed for the purpose, but they are not light-tight...so if
i leave a tray out on a work table, i can see the watches glowing if i get up in the middle of the night. i am talking about watches that have been re-lumed in the last 5 years or so with modern lume, and also watches that have been
more recently made.

so my question is, am i depleting the luminosity of these watches, bit-by-bit,
or are they good for a very long time? i have been told that modern lume does not degrade, is this true?

My SKX173 is going on 15 years old. It glows and last every bit as well as it's younger brother SRP. Same or similar lume formula I think. The SKX has seen it's fair share of full sunlight over the years.

·
Registered
6,236 Posts
My SKX173 is going on 15 years old. It glows and last every bit as well as it's younger brother SRP. Same or similar lume formula I think. The SKX has seen it's fair share of full sunlight over the years.

So does my 15 year old SKX399 with creamy patina still glows long and strong.

·
Registered
1,094 Posts
i've got some 23 year old seikos with great lume, 1997 re-issues, but it seems they might be losing their brightness a bit. who can tell? it's so gradual....

21 - 25 of 25 Posts