The Watch Site banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
243 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I've had a really nice 6309-7049? for several years, and it quit functioning a few months ago. After being rejected by my local watchmaker (fixed a couple Omegas for me), I took it to a "mall" watch shop who sends their work back to the "home" shop in Pennsylvania. They sent it to Seiko for repair. Seiko returned it, citing a lack of repair parts.

Does anyone have a handle (or want to work on it) on somebody who will bring it back to life? Maybe a replacement movement?

Any ideas?

Regards!
Don Madson

·
Registered
88 Posts
Does anyone have a handle (or want to work on it) on somebody who will bring it back to life? Maybe a replacement movement?

Any ideas?

Regards!
Don Madson
There are several guys here who can turn it around or you could buy any Seiko 6309 from a flea market or Ebay in running condition and swap the movement over. If you buy a watch that has the crown at 4:00 it's a direct replacement. If you buy one with crown at 3:00 there's some work needed swapping the calendar. You could also consider changing to a quartz movement and there are several direct swaps including the 7548.

·
Registered
1,625 Posts
Couple of option :

a) buy a working 6309 movement and swap out (4pm to 4pm crown)
b) same as above but also swap out the day/date wheel (from 3pm to 4pm crown position)
c) service the movt and refresh the watch's seal too.

Find out the cost / option....

·
Registered
243 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks, everyone. I'd hate to just trash it.

I'll explore the options and see what I can do.

BrianG, I'd love to hear your suggestions for repairers. If you wish, you can PM me with your info.

Best Regards!
Don

·
Registered
1,630 Posts
Hope I am not stepping on anyone toes but I have about 35 complete 6309 movements in stock and all of the parts that goes with them. Mostly used but some new stuff. I am not a business and I keep this stuff for my own entertainment but if you get stuck I will help you out.

·
Registered
243 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Wish I'd looked at my replies earlier... i've bought a donor movement, and plan to send the watch and donor movement down to a watchmaker in Florida I've dealt with before. I would have rather purchased it from you than from the 'bay...I'll keep you in mind for future reference, if you don't mind! If my current plan doesn't work, I'll be in touch. Thanks for ringing my bell...

Regards!
Don

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hope I am not stepping on anyone toes but I have about 35 complete 6309 movements in stock and all of the parts that goes with them. Mostly used but some new stuff. I am not a business and I keep this stuff for my own entertainment but if you get stuck I will help you out.
I have a 6309-7040 which (apparently) cannot be repaired by the authorized Seiko repair in Toronto, Canada...would you have movements available by any chance - I hate to see this watch collect dust - I have been wearing it for over 25 years...
Marty Fisher
Toronto

·
Registered
456 Posts
I have a 6309-7040 which (apparently) cannot be repaired by the authorized Seiko repair in Toronto, Canada...would you have movements available by any chance - I hate to see this watch collect dust - I have been wearing it for over 25 years...
Marty Fisher
Toronto
Hi Marty
A Seiko repairer that can't repair a Seiko 6309 movement. He ain't a Seiko repairer.
Spare parts are plenty on Ebay. We all that tinker with this have bought parts from Ebay.
Okay it could take some time to sort it out if it's plenty of rust and ****. But could be done.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts