The Watch Site banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 6309A completely disassembled and cleaned.

The main plate is showing some brass color as if it got brushed with a wire brush or something some time in the past. No scratches or pitting just a faint brass color.

Other than the color it looks to be in pretty good condition.
Any problem if I go ahead and reuse it or am I better off sourcing another one before I go to all the trouble of putting the movement back together?

·
Registered
5,973 Posts
Hi Noddy,

The loss of plating will not affect the watches function. All the gear train and anchor run in jewels, the only item that runs directly into the mainplate is the arbour of the mainspring so if this has no (or little) wear I would not worry.

I wonder what happened to it?

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi Noddy,

The loss of plating will not affect the watches function. All the gear train and anchor run in jewels, the only item that runs directly into the mainplate is the arbour of the mainspring so if this has no (or little) wear I would not worry.

I wonder what happened to it?
Thanks. I was pretty certain it would not affect the operation but as I've not done this in a number of years I just thought I'd run it past the forum.
As far as what happened to it I think it was an overly ambitious attempt at shining it up a bit! :p

·
Registered
5,973 Posts
Thanks. I was pretty certain it would not affect the operation but as I've not done this in a number of years I just thought I'd run it past the forum.
As far as what happened to it I think it was an overly ambitious attempt at shining it up a bit! :p
Yea, that Solvo is damn good stuff:93:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts