The Watch Site banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
215 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

The purists may be horrified, but I actually find this one strangely attractive..... does that make me a bad person, LOL?

For some reason I couldn't copy pictures from ebay, (option to save/save as was not available) but see item 120559547842.

Busy, busy, busy, lately but two weeks off work now and lots of DIY jobs to get through - should get the SKA013 chaged up nicely....

·
Registered
215 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for posting the pic....... the description says it's a face mod, but all the writing on the dial looks original to me.

·
Registered
174 Posts
don't think the dial is org. but yes the markers are darn close... I can't remember the guy who made these mods but some of the guy's in here own or have owned some of them i know ! Would love to see the more of them... I know that there are some more recent mods like this but they where made from the 7002 diver case and has the markers printed on the crystal :eek:

·
Registered
215 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I know the ones you mean - with the smoke effect dials - 'theNeilo' has a set of those, which I have seen in person - quite funky and 'of their time', but still quite attractive in a funny sort of way, if you squint after a few beers (the watches, that is, LOL).

·
Administrator
30,379 Posts
I really like that dial/look and even if not original (i don't know) it still looks very nice for a wearer. :)

I think Jose Soto did some dials in the past with the hour markers actually under the crystal, Neil has a few i believe.

·
Registered
501 Posts
I actually missed the auction on this, because I have been waiting on it since I saw it a few days ago. I think it is super cool looking. 8)

·
AqualandKing
18,386 Posts
How about my Jose Sotto Specials Peter!!!
Darn close and great watches.I sold the Green one but kept the Blue and Red.all 6309,s

1 - 9 of 9 Posts