The Watch Site banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Thought I’d post a few pics of my quartz movement Turtle case - mainly so that my peers can convince me not to part with it in favour of a new(ish) Sumo. I’ve toyed with the idea of returning to an automatic for a while but this watch has been my daily wearer since I whittled my collection down to just the one watch..thing is, I’ve just inherited my dad’s Wenger Braille watch (pic included out of interest) and now I can feel the familiar itch..

Attachments

·
Registered
5 Posts
Consider the chances you'll ever have this watch and movement again in the condition that they are in. The 7546 swap looks great. I'd say it's a keeper.

That Wenger is a looker as well. No issues with having two watches, is there!?

·
Super Moderator
2,059 Posts
I like that mod, in fact i like that a lot.

How you have managed to survive with only one watch certainly beats me.

·
Registered
1,078 Posts
I'm very keen on quartz mods into the 704x cases, preferably with standard 7548 dial.
Only on otherwise scrappy donors though, wouldn't ever consider it on a presentable working version.

·
Registered
6,173 Posts
love it...very well done...thank u for sharing it...God Bless,John

·
Registered
13 Posts
Beautiful mod a ? please

curious is the chapter ring on sports diver same dimensions as the 7040? I only ask because i want to do the same swap but my sports diver has the second indices on the dial itself and 13-24 hr chapter ring for military time, instead of trad sec marks. It would be great if I can retain said chapter ring if not I'll have to sterilize the 7040 chapter ring, as I dont like the redundancy of having sec marks on both the dial and the chapter ring and the bezel insert, makes the wach too busy in my opinion.

tia

mahalo
wade

·
Registered
243 Posts
I put my 7546 Silverwave movement in a 7548 case for safe keeping until I get all the case parts for the 7546. There is a tab on the 7546 dial but it is a little shorter than a 6309/7548 tab and doesn't grab the chapter ring. The chapter ring is rotating on its own. Survey sample of 1 but thought I would put it out there.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Thanks for the response. So you put the 7546 dial and the 7546 chapter ring in the 6309? Was the chapter ring from the 7546 case or the 6309 case?

Mahalo
Wade

I put my 7546 Silverwave movement in a 7548 case for safe keeping until I get all the case parts for the 7546. There is a tab on the 7546 dial but it is a little shorter than a 6309/7548 tab and doesn't grab the chapter ring. The chapter ring is rotating on its own. Survey sample of 1 but thought I would put it out there.

·
Registered
243 Posts
I'll have to take a look to confirm but I think it is the 7548 chapter ring, case, case back. 7546 dial, movement, spacer, spacer spring.

I'm pretty sure the Silverwave chapter ring is still in the Silverwave case. No gaskets available so I'm not pulling the crystal.

It's jut there for safe keeping. I plan to put it back because I really like the Silverwave as it is. These projects alway take longer than planned.

·
Registered
5,925 Posts
Before I got the actual SRPD01 Dawn Grey (thank you Boris!) I put this guy together in a 6309-7040 case just for the helluvit.

Similar 7546 SilverWave drop-in.

Original 6309-7040 chapter ring @oldsmobile1979

·
Registered
13 Posts
I'll have to take a look to confirm but I think it is the 7548 chapter ring, case, case back. 7546 dial, movement, spacer, spacer spring.

I'm pretty sure the Silverwave chapter ring is still in the Silverwave case. No gaskets available so I'm not pulling the crystal.

It's jut there for safe keeping. I plan to put it back because I really like the Silverwave as it is. These projects alway take longer than planned.
This is my swap candidate here. Notice the the military time chapter ring, I'm hoping its the same size as the 6309 one cause I think it just looks cool:grin:

mahalo
wade
2019-09-05_06-41-52 by Wade Lum, on Flickr

·
Registered
13 Posts
Before I got the actual SRPD01 Dawn Grey (thank you Boris!) I put this guy together in a 6309-7040 case just for the helluvit.

Similar 7546 SilverWave drop-in.

Original 6309-7040 chapter ring @oldsmobile1979
That is beautiful mod. If I can't use the military time chapter ring I'll black out the 6309 chapter ring, just for non redundancy. Of having sec indices on the dial ring and bezel. But I really hope it fits 👍😄

Mahalo
wade

1 - 18 of 18 Posts