The Watch Site banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have 6309-7040 that I really love. I actually can't believe the quality of the watch for the price I paid! I have it on a yobokies anvil bracelet, but would like to upgrade the clasp if at all possible. Does anyone know of options for upgrading claps, maybe to a marinemaster clasp, on any bracelet that could fit a 6309? And it doesn't have to fit my anvil, as I might be willing to switch bracelets.

·
Premium Member
6,179 Posts
IIRC the anvil narrows down to 20mm and has a very nice spring loaded fliplock to match. This means that you won't be able to swap a Marine master clasp into it. You can, however, add a diver's extension.

Now if you go with a MKI Super oyster that tapers down to 18mm, you would be able to swap a MM clasp onto it. If you go that route, I highly recommend that you go with swedefreak's end caps for that case and bracelet (you can buy them both from William Jean if you don't want to shop around for the independent pieces). I believe you can buy the MM clasp from Yobokies or Rob Van Herpt in the Netherlands.

·
Registered
179 Posts
Seiko makes an excellent 20mm w/s extension, 2 push-button clasp that is supplied on teh SKA kinetic divers and the Sawtooth.

Can be tricky to find, but worth it imo.

Cheers - Jeff C

·
Premium Member
6,179 Posts
jeffc67 said:
Seiko makes an excellent 20mm w/s extension, 2 push-button clasp that is supplied on teh SKA kinetic divers and the Sawtooth.

Can be tricky to find, but worth it imo.

Cheers - Jeff C
Isn't that essentially the same clasp found in the Anvil with the added diver's extension?

·
Registered
179 Posts
I suppose so, yes. But I'm a stickler for signed clasps and the word on the clasp needs to match the one on the dial.

We all have our hangups... ;-)

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for the info, I really appreciate it. What does MKI stand for? Sorry if that's a dumb question, but I'm a rookie here. ;)

·
Premium Member
6,179 Posts
jeffc67 said:
I suppose so, yes. But I'm a stickler for signed clasps and the word on the clasp needs to match the one on the dial.

We all have our hangups... ;-)
so does the dial not say seiko?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts