The Watch Site banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Special Member
5,010 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can anyone identify this case? I used it for one of my 6309 mods but it’s not a 729X slim. I’ve been trying to figure out what this is. The lugs are shorter and look more like a turtle case. Is this something legit? A fake? Maybe a turtle case someone modified to look like a slim?

·
Special Member
5,010 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Someone took a grinder to the lugs and crown guard, that's my guess.

Rob

Sent from my SM-G996U using Tapatalk
The whole case maybe? It doesn’t fit the normal curved end links of a 729X, it has a straighter edge like a 7040 case.

·
Special Member
5,010 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Pick this up and throw it through the window. 😁

Unrecoverable.
I wouldn’t go that far since it’s a mod with all AM parts. But I do think someone ruined a turtle case to get the slim look. Besides, I wouldn’t want to break a window by throwing something through it.

·
Registered
4,085 Posts
I think someone has (butchered?) downsized it too. Often the ends of the lugs get dented etc so I can see someone filing or whatever those down (I often have to sand/refinish them).

I had a friend with a 6309 that he had his name engraved on the side of it. The only way to remove that would be grinding etc.

·
Researcher
5,206 Posts
It might be easier to identify the bezel, and find the watch from there, 63xx, 75xx etc.

·
Special Member
5,010 Posts
Discussion Starter #12

·
Special Member
5,010 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
FWIW 6309-7290 mid cases are readily available from barcelonavintagetime on ebay for about $25 each. No end to his supply.
Is he the one that has all polished cases? I’ve got 1 case left I’ll transfer everything to for now.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts