The Watch Site banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
2,904 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is it possible ( can't see why not) to put a 6309 movement into a 7546 case?
I've got this strap and case with hands, dial etc laying around

·
Registered
1,798 Posts
I've read on this forum (and others) that folks swap 6309s and 7548s. The 7548 and 7546 have the same dimensions (to my knowledge, the main difference is an extra jewel). so I'd say go for it! Btw - I was going to post a 6309 movement to the classifieds section over the weekend that came from a dress watch, if you're looking for one.

·
Registered
2,904 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I have one thanks - looks like the stem fron the 7546 is too thick to go right into the 6309 movement

·
Registered
1,125 Posts
Off with the front I reckon but it looks like your already on that task going by the photo.... Good luck

·
Registered
1,125 Posts
Looks pretty much the same as most Seikos I've destroyed so far. It's a have a small screw driver, tweasers and watch for flying tiny spings situation. Not terrible by the looks of things... That said I'd probably kill it....

·
Registered
6,381 Posts
ClockBloke..you make me laugh so much...hard to believe you would destroy anything...

·
Registered
1,125 Posts
ClockBloke..you make me laugh so much...hard to believe you would destroy anything...
I found a tiny spring yesteday in my workshop that went into orbit last week when I was putting a movement I had serviced back together :) I have a spare spring on it's way also so I'm not so fussed if it goes ping again today!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts