The Watch Site banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 6309-7290 with what I suspect is an aftermarket dial. Aesthetics are ok but the lume is terrible. This watch features a Roman numeral day wheel and I’d like to use both the day date complications. My question is are there any seiko replacement dials with good lume that offer day/date window? I’ve checked eBay and am afraid the aftermarket ones will be the same lume. Most mod sites I’ve looked at offer only date window if any at all. Any help appreciated. Is it sacrilege to put a different seiko dial takeoff on? Thanks.

·
Registered
7,581 Posts
If it is a genuine dial the lume is likely vintage and old and with these is notoriously weak compared to cushion case or 7548s. When you say "terrible" is that what you mean? Any pics to show? If it is genuine the last thing I'd be doing is swapping the dial for a fake on a vintage watch, but considering how many of these have been ruined or nodded I suspect it may not be original.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
If it is a genuine dial the lume is likely vintage and old and with these is notoriously weak compared to cushion case or 7548s. When you say "terrible" is that what you mean? Any pics to show? If it is genuine the last thing I'd be doing is swapping the dial for a fake on a vintage watch, but considering how many of these have been ruined or nodded I suspect it may not be original.
By terrible I mean that it may as well not have lume. I would really like find the actual dial that belongs on the watch with some about of lume. I guess What I’m saying is that If the dial is indeed aftermarket why not have one that has the features I like. I’ll figure out a way to get a photo up. I have since removed the dial to try and verify if it is indeed original. Any way to identify? Also any suggestions on where to find the movement retaining spring that goes on this moment by the case back. I’ve got the ring but the technical drawings I’ve looked at suggest there is a spring that holds it in? Thanks again

·
Registered
1,858 Posts
Looks a fake 6309 to me.
Yobokies might have some interesting dials for 6309 with good lume if you can wade through his Photobucket then contact him but its all doable if you want the item.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Looks a fake 6309 to me.
Yobokies might have some interesting dials for 6309 with good lume if you can wade through his Photobucket then contact him but its all doable if you want the item.
Cool thanks. I just thought it made sense to ditch the aftermarket dial for one that I liked.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts