The Watch Site banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hello all and happy holidays. I just changed my 6309 crown and installed a fresh gasket (both from yobokies- great service) - anyone notice their newly-refreshed crown very stiff to turn? (not in the threads, just turning it at all-ie gasket against tube.) any thoughts on this one? lubricant? perhaps needs breaking in?

thanks

O

·
0 Posts
The outside of the crown tube should be lubricated with silicone watch grease before assembly, as should the case back gasket. Hope that helps.

OtherJohnUK

·
Registered
3,694 Posts
hello all and happy holidays. I just changed my 6309 crown and installed a fresh gasket (both from yobokies- great service) - anyone notice their newly-refreshed crown very stiff to turn? (not in the threads, just turning it at all-ie gasket against tube.) any thoughts on this one? lubricant? perhaps needs breaking in?

thanks

Stiff is good:)
Silicon won't necessarily help but its worth adding.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Just a thought about working on the crown and gasket. I spent more than a few minutes the other day trying to get the o-ring down inside the crown, over the stem. It took me a bit, but once I figured out that the stem needs to come out (it just unscrews) I had the new o-ring in place and ready to go.

Ron

·
Registered
6,233 Posts
well to make sure you do not damage the seal..some silicone grease is a good idea...and it is good insurance too...

·
Registered
6 Posts
Had this same issue. Seems according to my repair person, the o ring as used today is a tad smaller in the opening as the OEM and the stem is therefore stiffer to turn. And agreed, stiffer is better and a tight seal.:cool:

·
Registered
7,613 Posts
I have a NOS Crown and had a gasket spare but where in the crown does the gasket sit? Is it the portion just under the threads? I tried to put it there but it sank to the base of the crown where I just spent about an hour fishing it our and now have to wait for a new set. :(

·
Registered
7,613 Posts
I must have pushed too far and it didn't catch in the groove.
Damn it.

Thank you.
Just read to kink it over the stem base and hopefully sit it properly. Using the base of the stem to pull it into place.
Or the toothpick idea to pull it. Great thread. Will tackle when the new gaskets arrive.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts