The Watch Site banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
180 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was so happy with my recent purchase. I wore it and took pictures with it. And sadly a fellow member broke it down to me, my watch has aftermarket dial. I haggled the seller I got it from on the bay, he offered a partial refund, I gladly accepted it because I don't want to further complicate it with the return process. I am now thinking what I can do with.

TST is looking good, any tips guys?

Me: "WRUW while drinking?"
Quotron: "If I do it right.... nothing."

·
Special Member
4,898 Posts
If you like it, wear it the way it is. It's not the only 6309 you're going to own! If it can be improved, fine, or you can mod it if you want.
I'm down to just two; the one on left is all original except for insert, but I have the faded original. The one on right modded with tuna parts.

·
Administrator
30,729 Posts
IMO it looks pretty decent so I would just swap the dial for an original and you will have a nice 6309 or keep it with the after market if it doesent bother you (It would me but no big deal).

·
Registered
2,908 Posts
If you like it, wear it the way it is. It's not the only 6309 you're going to own! If it can be improved, fine, or you can mod it if you want.
I'm down to just two; the one on left is all original except for insert, but I have the faded original. The one on right modded with tuna parts.
Ray
I love that Tuna mod

·
Registered
1,885 Posts
It's a pity you ended up with an aftermarket dial when you thought you were buying an original piece but it's still a great watch.

Mine also has aftermarket bits. While I crave originality, I still love wearing it.

I like your attitude though: it isn't what I wanted so now I'm going to have fun modding.

·
Registered
180 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks for the tips guys. Hoping to figure it out soon! Loving the 6309s and wishing it won't be my only one. Cheers!

·
Registered
523 Posts
Yes, it's a restored 6309, but a very nice one. Wear it for 2 weeks, every day, and see how you like the heft of the watch on your wrist.

Don't be too upset with yourself, the 6309, even in restored condition, will hold its value well and you will be able to resell it at a possible profit, but certainly breaking even.

Enjoy!

Dan

·
Registered
708 Posts
I wore an aftermarket dialed 6309 for a few months until I found the exact one I wanted (birth year and month). Even now that I have the "real deal," I still love my old AM version! Honestly, some of the AM dials aren't bad at all. I think a lot of folks mostly have a strong distaste for them because it makes finding an honest-to-goodness original much more difficult (as you found out!). Wear it and enjoy!

·
Registered
180 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I'm used to the weight on my wrist. Got get used to it fast especially now that I got a huge micro brand dive watch.

·
Registered
3,899 Posts
Don't ruin a good 7040 case, use a 7290. That is a good looking Diver and you can
always find another later.
When you find it, it will look like this one and then keep it and don't sell it at all.
This one took (3 - Months to find ) but now its a keeper not to be sold.

But that one looks great, at least its a " 6309-7049 " Right.
Your original will come by soon enough, just a matter of time.
Till then enjoy what you have because at least you have one now.

Attachments

·
Registered
2,666 Posts
Pick yourself up a 7548-70xx diver with a nice dial and working movement and put together a quartz mod. It's simple to do and you'll have an all Seiko, non aftermarket mod like this one. (although this has a yobokies 1:1 aftermarket bezel insert)

·
Registered
180 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I appreciate the support guys! Now I don't want to harm it's case anymore because I did notice it is still in a nice condition.

Loving the pieces you are showing me, however I am not able to see LongBike's photo.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts