The Watch Site banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Special Member
1,335 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here's a light champagne case mod. I just did this one to see what the color would come out like.
It's pretty light and hard to notice unless you have the coated watch next to a standard watch.
Here's the photos. Let me know if any thoughts or ideas come to mind.
Was thinking of snz dial/hands.
Mike

Attachments

·
Special Member
1,335 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yes, it's a titanium nitride coating. These pictures don't really show the color very well.
I comes out like a polished platinum. I guess what's great about the color is that it only has a hint of gold in it so not overpowering on the bling.
Mike

·
Special Member
1,335 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
This one may be a c coating as well.
Standard TiN has better adhesion so I like to use that for these case coatings to keep it from chipping but I believe the light gold color was applied with additional heat and carbon in the coating process.
The "c" coating is harder but for watch coating purposes, most of us would not notice a benefit.
The hardness rating is more important with tools. Adhesion is more important for watches.
Mike

·
Special Member
1,335 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I have a local shop right down the street from my house. So with this one, I don't have shipping costs and they let me check out the coating prep areas and the work that's going on. Lot's of cool stuff there!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts