The Watch Site banner

81 - 97 of 97 Posts

·
Registered
347 Posts
The modern SRP´s are IMO a bad reintepretation of the classic 6309-704X. At first glance they look alike, but really, they are not. The SRP has a modern dial that lacks the beautiful textured lume plots and the bezel is badly executed compared to the 6309´s fine machined scalopes and beveled insert. Also the case proportions are changed to a longer lug to lug distance which also makes the watch bigger and the bezel radius larger.
You dont like the modern ones simply because they are not 6309´s ;-)
I agree. To me, the proportions of SRP77x "re-issue" look more like 6306-7001.

The new SRP looks OK for its price and NEW condition; for me, the worst part is 12 o'clock "shield", because it is made out of "one piece". It would look much better if they used 2 halves separated with sword like on original 6309 - 704L. Rest is OK, but 6309 looks like much more expensive watch. But it's condition must be great.

·
Registered
976 Posts
I agree with you but I went with 777 to avoid any head aches. But still looking for a good 6309. I should have bought it in the PX back in 1982 at fort Sam Houston in San Antonio tx, they had bunches of them. I think prices were 95 to 120, I can't remember.

·
Registered
2,637 Posts
Can we assume this to be a 100% FakeOSeiko

These are now appearing fairly regular on ebay.

The dials, hands, bezel insert etc are the easy giveaway, the case back with NEW etched markings may not be so obvious to most.

s-l1600 (5).jpg

s-l1600 (2).jpg

·
Registered
61 Posts
I have a very nice 6309 but the crown tube threads have failed must try and get i nice donor case for it. Then will need to pay a watchmaker to transfer it all would this cost be similar to a service ?.

·
Registered
911 Posts
I have a very nice 6309 but the crown tube threads have failed must try and get i nice donor case for it. Then will need to pay a watchmaker to transfer it all would this cost be similar to a service ?.
This swap would take me a grand total of 10 minutes and I'm not even a watch maker.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

·
Registered
5 Posts
I've purchased a hong kong cased 6309. The day wheel tends to get stuck and only move half a day to the second language. Is this a common fault?

·
Registered
4,886 Posts
Discussion Starter #95
This is nothing specific to the -704X model. Please start an own thread so you don't derail this one.

That said, the 6309 movement is generally rather robust. It sounds as if your day jumper is tired or maybe something in the drive train for the day wheel is not working as intended.

81 - 97 of 97 Posts