The Watch Site banner

61 - 80 of 97 Posts

·
Registered
2,111 Posts

·
Registered
121 Posts
The modern SRP´s are IMO a bad reintepretation of the classic 6309-704X. At first glance they look alike, but really, they are not. The SRP has a modern dial that lacks the beautiful textured lume plots and the bezel is badly executed compared to the 6309´s fine machined scalopes and beveled insert. Also the case proportions are changed to a longer lug to lug distance which also makes the watch bigger and the bezel radius larger.
You dont like the modern ones simply because they are not 6309´s ;-)

·
Registered
2,637 Posts
I remembered the description more than the watch. I was hovering over the BIN when it sold almost immediately listed. The new seller is very punchy about the description.

·
Registered
314 Posts
Here is my 1978 Version in high-res (click on the image)

Never noticed it before, but my hour hand has rough edges, whereas the minute hand is smooth... Maybe a replacement? But then the lume looks completely identical...

That's a pure beauty!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
4,881 Posts
Discussion Starter #73
Yes, that one has definitely been opened up. :grin:

Didn't you notice the hands and the different colored day/date wheels?

On the plus side: The dial seems original and in great shape and the bezel insert is fine, too.

·
Registered
539 Posts
No joke, didn’t see any scratch marks on rear, and being seiko with so many models, also maybe transitional? Between years? I see now how different it is!
Came from a old chap that had no reason to lie about its shortcoming.
Is it worth messing about with the hands etc?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

61 - 80 of 97 Posts