The Watch Site banner

41 - 60 of 97 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Evening Mr. Jones,
I sent you a PM and then figured I'd post it here for the forum as well in case they might be of assistance / or any info. exchange might assist them as well.............I have what I believe to be an all original January 1976 6309-7049 Seiko Diver........Any chance you can help? Serial #160581. Would make it the 581st 6309-7049 ever made.

Thanks in advance for any assistance you can provide.

Jeff D'Amico

·
Premium Member
2,899 Posts
Evening Mr. Jones,
I sent you a PM and then figured I'd post it here for the forum as well in case they might be of assistance / or any info. exchange might assist them as well.............I have what I believe to be an all original January 1976 6309-7049 Seiko Diver........Any chance you can help? Serial #160581. Would make it the 581st 6309-7049 ever made.

Jeff D'Amico
No it's not as early as that. The serial number is from June 1981.

·
Registered
4,936 Posts
Discussion Starter #47
Evening Mr. Jones,

Jeff D'Amico
Hey Jeff, I answered you with the same info Jim provided: Seiko's serials give the year first and the month second.

January 1976 would be very early, as the 6309 replaced the 6105 "in 1976" - I've got a 6105-8110 from mid-1976 (I think), so my guess is that even if the 6309 divers were introduced in 1976, it would not have been in January...

Has anyone found out what the earliest production dates were for these?

·
Registered
18 Posts
another Seiko 6309-7040

Hi ,
I am fairly new in to Seiko vintage world but i kinda did my homework before buying the piece.
i would like to raise two questions with your permission .
1.Does it looks like a relume job or even a redial?
2. If i pull the crown out , the seconds hand stops and from what i read , it should not be the case on this movement. Any ideas ?
Thank you for your time

Attachments

·
Premium Member
2,899 Posts
Well, it's a 6309 with a 6306 Kanji day wheel and a hacking lever added. So, it is something of a hybrid. The dial looks OK, difficult to see from the pictures if it has been re-lumed, but probably not I think.

I would like to see a few more pictures, but it looks OK.

·
Registered
347 Posts
OK. It is original dial. It is not relumed. But my trained eyes see that someone has tried to clean lume matter on "4" and did not clean the rest of white promethium particles that can be seen on black dial surface around "4 o'clock" marker.

This particles can be easily cleaned - for example with isopropyl alcohol.

If that someone also did something else to reconstruct "4" - he did a great job.

Re: rest - it could be that someone installed so called "hack kit" and also Kanji day wheel.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Well, it's a 6309 with a 6306 Kanji day wheel and a hacking lever added. So, it is something of a hybrid. The dial looks OK, difficult to see from the pictures if it has been re-lumed, but probably not I think.

I would like to see a few more pictures, but it looks OK.
I was hoping for an original condition piece. From what you are saying , this watch has been modified and i do not know if it is good or bad. I have a 69 speedmaster and in that case , any mods wold take away value.
Thank you very much for the reply

Attachments

·
Premium Member
2,899 Posts
It's OK with me.. The hacking mod is OK. I wouldn't have changed the day wheel, but that's not a problem either. Nice watch.

·
Registered
3,874 Posts
This one is all Original

This one is ........" All original " , except for the ..... " Sweep Hand ", but I have it yet just did not install it for posting.
The Watch is kept away in a box for keeping.

I just ...Cleaned and serviced the movement and nothing else done to it and works great yet.
This was my very first collected watch when I started.
Back then people were up front about the watch's being sold so they came as Originals.
The Dial is original but the lume is just about all gone now but it is one I use
because I love it yet and people attract to it and comment to it too.

( You can use these pictures if you want to or let me know and I'll send you more. )

( Click On The Picture To Enlarge Them )

Louis / LongBike

Attachments

·
Registered
2,123 Posts
This one is ........" All original ".

I just ...Cleaned and serviced the movement and nothing else done to it and works great yet.
This was my very first collected watch when I started.
Back then people were up front about the watch's being sold so they came as Originals.
The Dial is original but the lume is just about all gone now but it is one I use
because I love it yet and people attract to it and comment to it too.

Louis / LongBike
Kapatid na Louis, Mabuhay. Good to hear from you, its been a while.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi all

I'm new to this forum after I bought 6309-7049 non suwa!! I don't see thread where members can help verify so maybe people can help identify in this thread what's aftermarket on mine what's oem:) IMG_4377.jpg IMG_4380.jpg IMG_4382.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

41 - 60 of 97 Posts