The Watch Site banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
2,974 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
G/evening,
Can someone please tell me what the cosmetic differences are between OEM 6309-7050/7049 bezels vs that of Original ones?
I thought I had read somewhere once where the difference lay in the shape of the teeth but I'm not certain as that was a long time ago.
Perhaps someone here can explain the differences (if any) and post a side by side comparison pic of the 2 if possible.
TIA

·
Administrator
32,595 Posts
G/evening,
Can someone please tell me what the cosmetic differences are between OEM 6309-7050/7049 bezels vs that of Original ones?
I thought I had read somewhere once where the difference lay in the shape of the teeth but I'm not certain as that was a long time ago.
Perhaps someone here can explain the differences (if any) and post a side by side comparison pic of the 2 if possible.
TIA
Don't know the 6309-7050 ?

OEM = Original Equipment Manufacturer so comparing original bezel with OEM bezel is comparing the same bezels ?

Or am i not understanding the question ?

·
Registered
613 Posts
If you mean ones for sale on ebay etc, beware as many of these are copies and bagged up to look original. They are not in fact OEM.

·
2,237 Posts
You mean 6309-7040/49, and AM (After Market) parts, not OEM parts.

Notable differences may be in the shape of teeth and also the angle of the bezel 'slope' (no connection with Jeremy Clarkson in any way!).

I bought an AM bezel a short time ago from a source that had previously been fairly good, however the bezel 'slope' was now very different and it had to go in the bin :-(

AM parts can be a lottery, so be prepared for some wastage along the way!

·
Registered
2,974 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Don't know the 6309-7050 ?

OEM = Original Equipment Manufacturer so comparing original bezel with OEM bezel is comparing the same bezels ?

Or am i not understanding the question ?
Sorry..... I wrote it out wrong! I meant 6309-7040/7049
I wanted to know the cosmetic differences between OEM and AM
Sorry for the confusion.
A kind member posted a pic of the 2 for me!

·
Registered
1,477 Posts
Sorry for the low quality and amateurish shot, I'm using a camera phone.

Here's another shot i made hoping to be clearer.

John

·
Registered
2,974 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks John for the pics but even at that the ones shown on Epray seem to tend to look more like the Originals rather then the AM one you have in your pic!?

·
Registered
1,477 Posts
I don't know if someone made am bezels that look like the original. I got a 6309 that seller claimed had am bezel and when i checked it did seem to be different than the others.

The concaved part in the middle seems smaller than the original ones.

It's the third one from the top.

John

·
Registered
2,974 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I see from your last pic that the concave or grooved part is not nearly as deep and or pronounced!
Did you have any problems in fitting the AM to your watch?

·
Registered
1,477 Posts
I don't have a bezel gasket right now so i can't really say but without the gasket it snaps on without any problems. I mean, it moves all directions when you play with it (maybe because of the missing gasket) but it doesn't snap off easily manually using my hand.

John

1 - 14 of 14 Posts