The Watch Site banner

21 - 35 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
6,254 Posts
there is just something so beautiful about the black day and date wheels and even better when they are Kanji...

In noting that three 6306's have recently appeared on SC with asking prices ranging from $700 to $1400 or so, a good compromise solution (clearly not one for the purists) might be simply to install a 6306 movement into a 6309 case, as I have done:

or in an earlier incarnation

You do see 6306 Actus and Silverwave watches appear from time to time, from which you could scavenge a movement - just a little patience and luck required.

Martin

·
Premium Member
2,906 Posts
To be honest I don't think there is much advantage of a 6306 re 6309. But I do like a watch that hacks. I just like 'em both.

·
Premium Member
2,906 Posts
I always think of the 6306 as a 'better' 6309. But I also think everyone should have at least one 6309.

Here's one of my 6306's... I normally wear them set to English day (my Japanese is non-existent):

·
Registered
6,254 Posts
hey what about the 6349 movement if we are taking about more jewels too...is that a better movement that the 6309?...

·
Registered
691 Posts
Does anyone know what the lume situation is? It seems the 6306 tends to get much more yellow then the 6309's. I have a 6306 but it has a 6309 dial and hands, but it is one of the nicest 6309 dials I have seen. It came out of 6105 case I bought, it was used as a dummy sample case kind of deal. Not sure why they had that dial in it but I am sure it had something to do with not being able to get a 6105 dial to put in it. It bug me a little knowing it is a 6309 dial but I can live with it.

·
Registered
20 Posts
In noting that three 6306's have recently appeared on SC with asking prices ranging from $700 to $1400 or so, a good compromise solution (clearly not one for the purists) might be simply to install a 6306 movement into a 6309 case, as I have done:

or in an earlier incarnation

You do see 6306 Actus and Silverwave watches appear from time to time, from which you could scavenge a movement - just a little patience and luck required.

Martin
Hi,
Thanks to your comment here, I finally got my 6306 movement.
I looked through some listings on eBay, and the bids would make the price go from $15 to $60 in seconds.

After losing a few bidding wars, I decided to just email the sellers. And one answered me, offering a 6306 movement he had there, untouched.
Now I need to have it serviced. He said I would need to have it done. But for $35, it's to be expected.

Also, where did you get the black kanji wheels? I'd love to have them on my 6309s.
I hope you still check the posts here........

·
Registered
6,254 Posts
Pm sent i shouldbe able to help

Sent from my LGL41C using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,939 Posts
The best of both Worlds

Some great posts and Great to read Keven Mc from NYC.
Been a while.

its now been 11 years I think since I sent a OEM 6309-7049-April-1977 to Pete in AU. He installed a Hacking Kit, added 3 or 4 extra Jewels For the Reasons listed Above by Noah and others I sent two and I wear as I write this the One I wear most of the time. I also wanted a Black Day/date kanji that he added. Only half hour ago I looked at my Clock and It was hard to believe this 6309 is keeping On my wrist. I set her 35 hrs ago and she is #5 secs slow????
I hesitate to write about this Because I find it hard to Believe that a 6309 with the added Jewels Could Consistently keep time with My Best Grad Seiko's ?

I am GRATEFUL to the Wis Gods that I have been so Lucky to have this 6309 as this one. It has given me all I could have asked for, and also allowed me to Keep my two 6306-7001 and 6306-7000=July 1976 in Pristine Condition Due to the fact There is nothing that the 6306 would give me than the 6309 I wear. I love them all, and Found a Excellent watchmaker to Care for them Thank You. Russell

21 - 35 of 35 Posts