The Watch Site banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all,
I recently purchased a 6306 7000 from yahoo auctions. The watch is running fine, however there is an issue with the crown. When I try to tighten the crown down it threads maybe 1/2 turn then jams. Hoping the crown threads were damaged, I took the watch to my watchmaker with two nos 6309 crowns to use as replacements. He checked the new crowns and they did the same thing, 1/2 turn then stops. He checked the crown tube and said it appears fine, no damage and treads intact.
So I'm puzzled as to why this is not working. The only thing I can think of is if the early big knurl crowns used a different pitch thread to the later type. When the crown jams it stops quickly as if there is some incompatibility there.
I'd appreciate some expert advice/experience with this problem, as I am keen to at least get the watch water resistant to avoid damage.

·
Registered
702 Posts
If you can post a macro shot of the tube threads, we will able to say if the threads are fine or not. I've has a 6309 case with the same issue - the threads were there and looked ok at first glance, but looking through a magnifying glass made it clear that the first two were not sharp at all.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for your replies I saw the watchmaker today. He has fitted the new crown and whilst it is sealing on the crown o ring it is not fully seated on the stem. He assures me that the tube threads are perfect, in any case if he can get it sealed I can live with 1 or 2 threads showing from behind.
Only issue remains if he can remove the stem from the old crown without damage. Any thoughts,/suggestions?

Sent from my HTC_PN071 using Tapatalk

1 - 4 of 4 Posts