The Watch Site banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Banned
362 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just got my 6306 back from Neville (our authorized Seiko guy in Perth).
I picked it up off Yahoo Japan just before Christmas. The crystal had some scratches so i ordered one from Jonathon and gave it to Neville to fit during the service. Neville is a bit skeptical of aftermarket part quality so gave it a thorough
going over before pronouncing it fit for purpose. :great: Then he said he has heaps of 630x crystals on hand. I didn't even think to ask him.

So it got a full service, Neville changed the barrel, full gasket set, the crystal and a pressure test.
And thanks to Clayton for giving me a movement retaining ring to replace the piece of plastic. ::)

I am going to install the Yobokies oyster that is currently on a 6309 and then it will be my daily wearer.

While chatting with Neville he mentioned that 630x crowns are now available again at your authorized Seiko watchmakers. Seiko started making them again.
Sadly, he wouldn't sell any as they are not allowed to.

Here are a few photos.

·
Registered
589 Posts
Hi Ian, nice 6306 and the perfect restoration! replace only what is needed to keep 'em going. I heard similar about the crowns from my guy too. What else is in the collection?

·
Banned
362 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
150m said:
Hi Ian, nice 6306 and the perfect restoration! replace only what is needed to keep 'em going. I heard similar about the crowns from my guy too. What else is in the collection?
These are my current divers Clayton. Got a couple more inbound.

·
Registered
2,774 Posts
Excellent result Bommy, and a sweet 'little' flock :great: :great: :great: . . . it's so comforting to have someone local to entrust these things to, I've found my Seiko guy in Brisbane is similarly good for all the tasks, just a tiny wee shop at the end of an arcade . . . job's a goodun !!! ;D ;D

Nice to see the Burmeister back in circulation too ;)

·
Banned
362 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks guys.

@leTigre. Apparently there was enough interest from their repairer network for that part number. I don't know about the stem though. I will ask Neville next time i see him.

·
Registered
2,599 Posts
Thats a beauty 6306 there. :bravo_2:

bombora said:
@leTigre. Apparently there was enough interest from their repairer network for that part number. I don't know about the stem though. I will ask Neville next time i see him.
Maybe Seiko are listening to their core fan base or just noticing that they are missing out on a great cash cow with all the AM parts floating around ebay.
Wonder what else they might start making again. 6105-811* dial >:D (we can but dream)

·
Registered
2,999 Posts
Maybe Seiko has wild plans to have started producing the 6309 diver crowns, back again. >:D

Would it be too far fetched imagining they have plans to launch a L.E. of the iconic 6309-704x diver? :57:

1 - 15 of 15 Posts