The Watch Site banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone have a line on a NOS set of hands for a 6217-8001? Or maybe a part number? I've been looking(search has not been my friend) but no luck so far... Thanks!

·
Administrator
33,842 Posts
Well according to the 1970 Seiko case book the hand numbers are........

• Hour 12B18B
  • Min 12B18B
  • Sec 13SB10B

So that tells you you can't always trust the case books :)

ps: The 1974 Seiko case book also gives those numbers.

pps: Note the H and M are stated as being the same numbers :)

pps: The 6105 H and M hands are what you need and the second hand can be harvested from numerous models.

ppps: I don't think you will find many NOS sets about but please prove me wrong and give me a heads up if you find a hoard :)

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Only luck I have had so far is mehima-singh.com. He has the set in stock for 30 euro's. Since I haven't seen another NOS set for sale don't know if that is the going rate or not...unless another set pops up, this may be it.

·
Special Member
2,282 Posts
Only luck I have had so far is mehima-singh.com. He has the set in stock for 30 euro's. Since I haven't seen another NOS set for sale don't know if that is the going rate or not...unless another set pops up, this may be it.

if I was restoring a watch and I only found the one set of hands like you have, I'd pay just about ANY amount. 30euros is a drop in the bucket. think about it....you spend that much without blinking an eye during any given day and often don't even know where it goes!

<* shark >>><

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
if I was restoring a watch and I only found the one set of hands like you have, I'd pay just about ANY amount. 30euros is a drop in the bucket. think about it....you spend that much without blinking an eye during any given day and often don't even know where it goes!

<* shark >>><
You are correct sir. After I posted this and read it I thought the same thing... Then wondered why I had even posted it...:grin: It's monday I guess...

1 - 6 of 6 Posts