The Watch Site banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
589 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My 1965 6217 diver..fully restored and runs beautifully..A few nos parts were needed to complete the restore.. another keeper. The old seiko's just have so much character and class. thanks Clayton

 

·
Administrator
Joined
·
30,123 Posts
That is a beauty Clayton, i think that is one of the best i have seen, i love the signed crown i wish seiko had signed more just sort of gives it the finishing touch.

ps: Is the bezel/insert NOS ?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
589 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi John, the bezel was a used bezel (apparently!! It is perfect) The crown, seconds hand and waffle strap were all NOS.. Dam hard to find that gear now days though. Clayton
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,557 Posts
Your watches never fail to amaze me Clayton, that looks just fantastic. Is that original lume out of interest?


Cheers,


AJ
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,405 Posts
C-r-a-z-y clean looks! :) What a lovely vintage diver! Congrats (and thanks for the pics)!
Cheers,
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
589 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Technoman said:
Your watches never fail to amaze me Clayton, that looks just fantastic. Is that original lume out of interest?


Cheers,


AJ
Hi AJ, the lume is all original, it's green but in certain light it does go a nice tan colour!
Thanks Clayton
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,765 Posts
nice watch. your dial is of the green lume variety. i've always wondered why some were green and some an ivory or off white color. the greenish hue drove me nuts and i sold my 6217 (that was one of the reasons). i hope you wear that w/o abandon instead of letting it just sit in a watch box =)

<* shark >>><
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,024 Posts
Curious...What about the colour "drove you nuts" to the point of selling the watch? ???

thesharkman said:
nice watch. your dial is of the green lume variety. i've always wondered why some were green and some an ivory or off white color. the greenish hue drove me nuts and i sold my 6217 (that was one of the reasons). i hope you wear that w/o abandon instead of letting it just sit in a watch box =)

<* shark >>><
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,119 Posts
That is a reference piece if ever I saw one! It's really fantastic for all of us who have an interest in vintage divers that there are some people who are prepared to go the extra mile and restore to this level. If its not a "trade secret" would you mind sharing how you managed to source NOS parts...not necessarily the details, just the story behind your search...
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,765 Posts
Jake said:
Curious...What about the colour "drove you nuts" to the point of selling the watch? ???
jake,

that was just one factor. =) the watch didn't sit very well on my wrist and was actually uncomfortable. i thought that was odd since a 6309 or a 6105 is super comfortable for me.

as to the color itself at the time, i knew the lume was 100% original, but if i had to have a watch sitting in my box, i would rather have the whiter lume color.

<* shark >>><
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
589 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Harry said:
That is a reference piece if ever I saw one! It's really fantastic for all of us who have an interest in vintage divers that there are some people who are prepared to go the extra mile and restore to this level. If its not a "trade secret" would you mind sharing how you managed to source NOS parts...not necessarily the details, just the story behind your search...
Hi Harry, the nos parts are really a matter of persistence..I try to keep up to date with the usual selling sites and the trade forum..the main thing is to keep searching, the nos parts on this watch came over a 2 year period so it does take time to get a watch restored.. (I also have some great friends in and around the watch business!!).
A good story, I went to my local seiko service centre who tell me every time.."Nah we don't have anything good in the spares cupboard, nothing for these old things anyway' oneday I took the part #'s in for the 6105 diver hour/minute/seconds hands..he went and checked and walks back out with a bag and says I think these are it, $30 will do!!! (A full set of NOS hands) Like I said persistence..Clayton
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,152 Posts
Very nice, must take mine out of it's box after seeing yours.

Geran
 
1 - 16 of 16 Posts
Top