The Watch Site banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4,557 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I just finished (well almost, its dial needs repositioning to correct the date alignment issue as it had a broken foot, and it needs a top up of lume) restoring what was affectionately described by Jack at IWW as a basket case 6217-8000 when I sent him before pictures. However, I just realized that I don't have a correct case-back or crown gasket for this watch. I normally use Jules Borel for these but both the original and recommended replacements are not available. Does anybody know if these are available anywhere or if it is a shared part from other watches?

Here is a quick and dirty pic of her I took using the flash last night (yuck..), I plan on putting together a full post on this restoration in the near future.

·
Registered
204 Posts
Technoman said:
correct case-back or crown gasket for this watch. I normally use Jules Borel for these but both the original and recommended replacements are not available. Does anybody know if these are available anywhere or if it is a shared part from other watches?
Nice looking watch you have there. The crown on this watch is the same crown shared with the 6105-800x model. Not sure whether you meant caseback gaskets or caseback. The caseback gasket should be available (if not original, a same size generic). I am not certain whether any replacement crown gaskets are available. Jack should have been able to handle this as part of a resto if they were. As for the caseback, it is not "shared" with any other watches other than yours and will be extremely difficult to track down. As parts watch is probably the only source. Finding a good one with decent image and font on it will be probably very difficult even on a parts watch that comes up. Post a WTB on the SCTF for a crown gasket, parts watch, case, or caseback and see what happens. You may get lucky.

I hope this helps.

·
Registered
4,557 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank you. I didn't end up sending the watch to Jack and instead attempted the work myself.

The caseback on this one is correct but like most it is well worn out around the perimeter but at least the dolphin is very visible. The gasket for the caseback is what I am looking for, the original part number I believe was 0C3160B04.

Thanks for the crown info, It should make it easy to track one of those down.

·
Registered
204 Posts
Contact Pete aka "crayfish", a member here who just posted here recently. He may be able to help with those gaskets. I don't have an email for him.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts