The Watch Site banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
235 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All,

Just got my dads old watch back from cannop (Duncan) and I must say a really big thank-you to all that responded to my first posting asking about parts for this watch.

When I met first Duncan he put me at ease and really knows his stuff about all things watches. His workmanship is second to none and unfortunately my pics doesn't do his work justice but his blog certainly does!!

Duncan did a blog about my watch and it shows it warts and all. I would advise anybody that asks for a recommendation to go to Duncan.

The last two photos show my other new purchase, an 1964 silver dial world time with the acid etched case back where as the later ones had the case back stamped.

This watch will be making its way over to Duncan in due course but has a few issues of it own, I believe that it has had the crystal broken at some point and the dial has been damaged around the 6-9 o'clock region (looks bent), and the rotating inner bezel works but jumps when Rio gets around to 6 o'clock.
Duncan says that it has the wrong second hand on it, and has a problem with the date change, and needs a movement service too.

If anybody is interested Duncan's blog is on his web site, www.thewatchbloke.co.uk

Thanks for looking Lee

Attachments

·
Registered
6,712 Posts
well it look excellent....Great Work Duncan as always...and you have a great looking watch....they are some of my favorites...

1 - 3 of 3 Posts