The Watch Site banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
looking for any advice or info on replacing the crystal on a 6217-7000.
current one is badly hazed/damage and only the central section came away and left an outer ring of perspex above the city wheel when i pressed it out...:eek:hmy::confused:

any advice if im missing something? i feel like the outer bezel ring may have to come off, but figured i would ask before i starts hacking away at things that dont need removing as its in otherwise nice condition.

·
Registered
235 Posts
If the bezel hasn't been off before there is a little notch in it around the 12 o'clock position, if somebody has been there before the notch could be practically anywhere around but you need good eyes to see it. Be careful as really easy to slip and scratch it.

·
Registered
1,733 Posts
Getting into that notch can be really tricky if it is really small. I have a small screwdriver that I have ground so it's extra sharp. I carefully insert it in the notch and slowly pry it up. Just a little at a time. When it begins to lift I slowly and carefully work my way around the bezel until it pops off.

·
Registered
235 Posts
BTW there should be a tension spring/wavy washer between the crystal and world time ring if the new crystal hasn't got one with it you need to refit your old one.
It keeps the ring in mesh with the gear on the stem so it rotates correctly.

When refitting make sure that ring hasn't been dislodged or that can cause problems too.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
6217-7000 crystal replace advice

Thanks ankrett, I didn't find one when I pulled it just now. The bezel ring came away surprisingly easy but no wavy ring. I was expecting one as the nos Crystal for my 6217-7010 has a new metal gasket ring there.

Also on the 6217-7010 is it the same procedure for Crystal on those as well?

Isaac

·
Registered
235 Posts
The 7010 is the same crystal fitting.
The wavy ring fits under the crystal and on top of the rotating ring and the bezel holds it all on.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thanks for the advice on both guys, both 6217-7000 and 7010 have lovely new Crystals installed.

Good opportunity to clean up behind the bezel ring on the 7010. Ugh!

Also FYI beware of some micro fibers, did anore clean on on of the new Crystals and ended up with micro scratches on the inside... Had to poly watch it out and then clean thoroughly again to remove the greasy/oily residue...
Anyway all sorted now.
Will try get some pics tomorrow in the sun light, love these watches!
isaac

1 - 11 of 11 Posts